TITLE: Executive Coordinator
POSITION REPORTS TO: President
JOB TITLES REPORTING TO THIS POSITION: N/A
BACKGROUND AND CURRENT OPPORTUNITY
Founded in 2002, the Korean American Community Foundation (KACF) transforms and empowers communities through philanthropy, volunteerism and inter-community bridge building. KACF pursues these goals through grantmaking that promotes self-sufficiency for the underserved and under-resourced, by raising awareness of needs and issues, and by fostering a culture of giving. Our vision is a vibrant Korean American community working together to strengthen our society.
KACF has a rich and long-respected history of lifting up underserved Korean Americans in New York City. As a grantmaker, capacity builder, philanthropic thought leader and convener for New York City’s Korean American community, over the past two decades KACF has established its presence and reputation as the philanthropic leader that fosters a spirit of generosity and social change in its community. The Foundation’s upcoming 20th anniversary in 2022, an energized board of directors, and a recently-completed strategic plan position KACF for a new phase of growth as it enters its next chapter.
KACF seeks an Executive Coordinator to join a dynamic team dedicated to shepherding in this new stage of growth. The Executive Coordinator will bring a high level of organization, focus, maturity, and spirit of teamwork to the role. Working in close collaboration with the President, the Director of Development and other KACF staff, the Executive Coordinator will play an instrumental role in managing the communications and workflow of organizational leaders, as well as researching and analyzing data to advise decision making around organizational strategies and priorities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as key coordinator of the foundation President’s schedule and daily workflow, including arranging meetings and travel logistics, expense reporting, filing, taking notes at meetings, drafting correspondences, and liaising with key staff and stakeholders to ensure the timely completion of projects and initiatives
- Ensure that the President has all necessary information and documents to support successful appointments and upcoming deadlines
- Serve as a liaison to KACF’s Board of Directors and provide support to board committees. Manage calendars and scheduling for board and committee meetings, compile and distribute information and materials for board members, coordinate meeting logistics (ahead of, during and after), prepare agendas and minutes, and coordinate and curate all materials for the annual board orientation for new board members
- Work closely with the development team to effectively maintain a robust constituent relationship management (CRM) database that accurately tracks stakeholder information and interaction with the Foundation; ensure the accuracy and integrity of data input and output; generate reports and analyze trends to guide organizational strategy around relationship cultivation and management
- Support the development team by preparing materials for individual donor meetings
- Collaborate on social media/online fundraising initiatives
- Assist with the coordination of key events and serve as ambassador at select functions
- Perform other general administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum two years of administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Organized; ability to manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Mature, professional and poised; able to build and maintain strong, collegial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong database management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and a demonstrated ability to perform mail-merge functions
- Self-motivated, with capacity to multi-task as a team player
- Ability to develop and manage ideas from concept to implementation
- Proficiency in accessing and using research tools, social media and digital applications
- Passion for the work of KACF and ability to authentically articulate and champion its mission
- Understanding and appreciation of the Korean American culture, language and traditions preferred by not required
- Available to work during non-business hours (e.g., evenings, weekends) to support key events and opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and letter of interest in PDF to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries or recruiters. Due to the volume of applications, only qualified candidates may receive response.
Korean American Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.