We are hiringㅡcome work with us! Click on a position to learn more about the opportunity and apply:
POSITION: Director of Finance & Administration
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
REPORTS TO: President
Founded in 2002, KACF has a rich and long-respected history of lifting up underserved Korean Americans in the metropolitan New York area. As a grant maker, capacity builder, philanthropic thought leader and convener for New York City’s Korean American community, KACF has established its presence and reputation as the organization that fosters a spirit of generosity and social change in its community.
KACF is expanding its work beyond the greater metropolitan New York area, and it seeks a Director of Finance & Administration to join a dynamic and growing team during this exciting stage of growth. Working in close collaboration with a full staff of nine, and reporting to the President, the Director of Finance & Administration will play an instrumental role in managing the Foundation’s finance, HR and office operations.
Finance/Accounting/ Financial Management (60%)
● Manage day-to-day financial operations and ensure finance practices are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
● Partner with Program staff to oversee timely disbursement of grant funds
● Manage contracts with outside vendors and consultants
● Manage the annual budgeting process and maintain the budget throughout the year, prepare monthly financial reports and cash flow
● Work with outside investment advisor to transact and report investment activities; reconcile investment accounts and prepare monthly entries, prepare annual investment and endowment schedules for the audit
● Work with the Finance Committee to develop policies for investment and endowment
● Provide information and analysis for decision-making to the Finance Committee
● Manage annual audit; prepare schedules and other relevant materials, and implement audit recommendations
● Coordinate audit activities including presentation of audit for Audit Committee and Board acceptance; submit schedules for the 990
● Review and ensure the Foundation’s compliance with tax-exempt organization rules
● Maintain and update accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls in partnership with grants manager and external auditors
● Review and renew insurance policies with the Foundation’s external brokers
● Supervise the Operations Coordinator in executing finance and administrative responsibilities
Office Administration & Human Resources (30%)
● Serve as first point-of-contact for human resources-related issues and “H.R. generalist”
● Comply with Federal and NYS-employer law updates and create policies when needed
● Maintain and update personnel manual and communicate updates to staff
● Process payroll with outside payroll company, reconcile required regulatory filings with Foundation’s payroll and accounting records
● Administer employee benefits, including medical insurance and 401(k) plan and review and coordinate fringe benefits with outside benefits partners
● Perform periodic salary and benefits analysis used for budgeting and employee offerings
● Support President with recruitment and onboarding of new employees and contractors as well as off-boarding and employee transitions as needed
● Assist President in managing the performance evaluation process and advise on ad hoc H.R. topics as needed
● Liaise with building management and support decision-making on workspace-related matters
● In the near term, continue to support safe reopening of the office and compliance with COVID-19 related restrictions and considerations
● Oversee all aspects of data management, workflow, integration and process
● Manage relationships and contracts with outsourced IT support and IT consultants.
● Together with outsourced IT support, oversee and manage all aspects of cybersecurity strategy.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management or equivalent experience
● Minimum 5-7 years of experience in finance, accounting, office administration, HR, or similar functions, preferably in a foundation or similar non-profit environment
● Experience producing high-quality written reports and quantitative analysis to inform executive decision-making
● Proficiency using Quickbooks or comparable application, as well as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
● Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
● Team player with maturity to work with diverse groups of people and manage relationships
● Understanding and appreciation of the Korean American culture, language, and traditions preferred but not required
● Eligibility to work in the United States required
This is a full-time position with a salary range of $90,000 to $110,000, depending on experience. KACF offers a competitive benefits package that includes employee medical, dental and vision covered by the organization, simple IRA retirement plan with match, flexible spending account (FSA) for medical and transit, access to professional development opportunities, and additional benefits. We currently have a hybrid office model, working in the office on Tuesdays and Thursdays and remotely on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and this may change pending how the pandemic evolves. This position is based in New York City.
HOW TO APPLY
KACF welcomes applications from qualified individuals. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Brennan Gang at firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: KACF Director of Finance & Operations. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST